The annual national recovery walk at Pen Y Fan is back for 2023
We are delighted to announce that the annual national recovery walk is back for 2023. The event will be taking place on Thursday 13th July at Pen Y Fan, within the Bannau Brycheiniog (Brecon Beacons) National Park.
The meeting point and time for this year’s recovery walk is Pont ar Daf car park (LD3 8NL) at 10.00am. There will be a short briefing at 10.15am with the aim of starting the walk at 10.30am. The route will be marshalled to ensure everyone stays on the right track, as well as providing assistance if required. Our very own Tyfu cafe will be providing free refreshments to everyone who has taken part, between 12pm – 2pm.
If your organisation/ service intends to take part in this year’s recovery walk, we kindly ask you to complete the below registration form, which allows us to have an idea of the total number of attendee’s, so we can cater for all, as well as adhere to the National Trust nominal License Fee structure of £1 per person, of which the overall cost will be covered by Barod.
Please complete this short online registration form before FRIDAY 30th June: Click here
For any queries regarding this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read below for the terms and conditions and guidance of this year’s recovery walk:
- Barod are the sole organisers of the annual recovery walk and are there on an advisory capacity only.
- Each service/ organisation is responsible for each individual they bring to the recovery walk. Therefore they are responsible for ensure each person within their own group are kept safe during the entirety of event, return to the original meeting point safely and safely return home.
- Each service/ organisation is responsible for the behaviour of each individual within their group including the responsible disposal of litter and the use of substances including alcohol.
- It is the responsibility of each service/ organisation to organise transport to and from the event.
- Please do not leave any litter at any point. Please dispose of litter responsibly or take it home with you.
- Please do not bring/ consume any substances, including alcohol, while on National Trust property and for the entirety of the event.
- Please be respectful and considerate to other members of the event and members of the public who may be within the vicinity/ walking up and down Pen Y Fan at the same time.
- The National Trust does not grant permission for private flying of drones at their sites for activities or events, such as for the use of photography.
- Please note, the Pont ar Daf car park operates a £7.50 parking charge. This charge will not be covered by Barod for external organisations.
- When walking up Pen Y Fan, please stay on the surfaced sections and avoid walking on the grass edges of the paths, wherever possible.
- Please ensure that you wear appropriate clothing including footwear, when walking up and down Pen Y Fan. The weather can change quickly and can be significantly different from the bottom of the peak compared to the top. We therefore recommend you bring plenty of layers with you, as well as a suitable raincoat, sun cream lotion, a hat and plenty of water. We’d advise to bring a small rucksack to be able to place all these in, as well as any litter that you can then dispose of responsibly/ take home with you.