COVID-19 is having an impact across the UK and all services and business are having to adapt quickly as things progress.
Barod are monitoring the situation carefully and we want to keep service users, concerned others, professionals and the public informed of how we are managing the situation. We are communicating regularly with partner agencies to ensure a coordinated approach and to maintain services as much as possible.
As things change, we will update this page and our social media feeds as often as necessary. Please see the updates, in date order, below.
We will be adapting our services to minimise risk, this will mean changes to how we do things but we are doing everything we can to ensure services are accessible, whilst protecting the health and wellbeing of service users, staff and volunteers.
We have a webpage dedicated to providing self-help resources for service users and family / friends to use during this time. You can find that by clicking here
If you need to contact a service, you can download a list of all contact numbers below
Barod are responding to this situation in line with the following principles:
- Safeguarding the health and wellbeing of staff and the people who use our service
- Follow the most up to date guidance from UK and Welsh Government and Health services
- Minimise the risk of transmission
- Continue to provide services prioritised by need/risk
- Maintain service provision for as long as possible
- Communicate clearly and timely
- Work collaboratively with consortium and other Partners
- Keep stakeholders informed including our commissioners
- Make informed decision based on the best information at the time
We would like to thank all of our staff and volunteers for the dedication they are showing at this difficult time and our service users and partners for their support as we navigate this together.
Here is an audio interview with our CEO, Caroline Phipps, on how Barod are managing the COVID-19 situation